About The Mini EZ Bracelet
What’s the Difference Between the
Regular EZ Bracelet and the Mini?
- The Mini EZ Bracelet is about half as tall as the regular EZ Bracelet. In fact, it is really just a section of the bigger one; the most used section.
- The Mini EZ Bracelet only has measurements for child, teen and adult bracelets, from 5″ to 8 3/4″.
- But the regular EZ Bracelet is used for all bracelets including tiny toddler bracelets as well as ankle bracelets. Measurements are from 4 1/4″ to 12 1/2″.
- The regular EZ Bracelet has measurement markings for tiny bracelets to fit toddlers.
- Both sizers travel easily but the Mini EZ Bracelet is a bit easier to pack. Before packing your sizer, it should be stuffed with socks or something. That will keep it from getting squished.
- The Mini EZ Bracelet takes up less space on your jewelry work surface and it’s less likely to get knocked over when you’re doing custom work at a craft show.
About the EZ Bracelet
The Mini EZ Bracelet is in the middle.
- The EZ Bracelet helps beaders make bracelets that fit the first time, every time!
- No more re-stringing because it’s the wrong size!
- No more wasted beading wire!
- No more wasted crimps!
- No more wasted time!
- Made of heavy roller polished vinyl for years of beading fun.
- Easy to assemble!
- It makes the perfect birthday present for your beading friends.
- It’s lightweight, (only 2 oz.) and only 12″ tall. Easy to take with you everywhere! And, because it is shipped unassembled (i.e. flat), it’s cheap to mail to friends for birthday presents!
What It's For
- EZ Bracelet helps you make a beaded bracelet in the right size before you put a clasp on it.
- The EZ Bracelet is lightweight and it features measurements in both inches & metric.
- Although it’s designed for beaders, it is a handy tool for checking the size of any bracelet or watch. If you are working with wire and need something sturdy, something you can hammer on, then you should order the black aluminum bracelet mandrel.
- The photo is of the flat Mini EZ Bracelet ready for shipping. Peel the adhesive strip to form it into a cone.
The Mini EZ Bracelet ships flat, ready for assembling into a cone shape.
Here's The Problem
This bracelet is 8″ long. But it will only fit around a 7 1/4″ wrist. This is owing to the fact that the diameter of the beads adds to the diameter of the finished bracelet. We beaders know all about this problem. It’s frustrating!
How The EZ Bracelet Works
1. For a 7″ bracelet, cut 10″ of beading wire (or 3″ longer than the overall bracelet size).
2. Tape one end, string beads onto the wire and then tape the other end.
3. Choose a measuring line on the EZ Bracelet that will allow for easy muscle movement of the wrist. Typically, ½” is sufficient. So, if your wrist measures 7″, use the 7 ½” line.
4. Hold the string of beads around the EZ Bracelet at the chosen line. Leave space for the clasp, usually about 3/4″.
5. Determine whether you need to add or remove some beads, tape it again and hold it up to the EZ Bracelet again.
6. Now that you have it figured out, you can attach the clasp to the bracelet with crimp beads. BUT don’t crimp the crimp beads just yet! Instead, flatten the crimp beads with a chain nose pliers. (The pointy pliers with the smooth flat jaws.) Do the same for the other side where you attach a closed jump ring.
7. Place the temporarily assembled bracelet over the EZ Bracelet to see if it fits your chosen measurement line.
8. If it fits, then go ahead and crimp the crimp beads with your crimping pliers.
9. If it still isn’t right, re-open the crimp beads using the outer jaw of the crimping tool, i.e., the jaw closest to the tip. To do this, place the flattened crimp bead vertically in the outer jaw as shown in the picture and squeeze gently. Remove the crimp, add or remove beads and try again.